Polyacrylamide Gel Electrophoresis

August 31, 2016

I tried the first polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis in the lab. The purpose was to analyze small DNA fragments, so it was a TBE gel not for Western blotting.

I did basically the same experiment several times as a postdoc. I used precast gels at that time, but I do not have that luxury now (of course not), so I made one.

I think I did just a couple of Western blots during my postdoc. As a graduate student, I did literally hundreds of Western blots. Also, I did hundreds of Northern blots as a graduate student, but have never done a single since then. It is interesting to note how different required techniques are depending on what I want to study.

Fortunately, I had no problem in making or running the gel. It worked very well.

By the way, the results were negative though.

It's alright. When I can clearly identify negative results as negative, I would say that is a success.

Please reload

Recent Posts
Please reload

Archive
Follow Us
Please reload

  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square